So here’s the top 7 makeup products me and my fair skin can’t live without..
- Nars Radiant creamy concealer– One that is spoken about a lot in the beauty world. This and Urban Decay naked skin concealer have great shades for fair skin. However this Nars concealer has better coverage and is more creamy (duh) than the Urban Decay. I use the shade ‘Vanilla’ which is slightly peachy toned so great for balancing out any green/blue shades under the eye area. It is high coverage but if you set it straight away it isn’t crepey and doesn’t crease.
- Mac shaping powder pro emphasize– a white reflecting powder which I believe is so under talked about amongst the gurus of the beauty world. I can’t recommend this product more. It goes hand in hand with the Nars concealer to create the most flawless under eyes ever. I have re-purchased this 3 times now (it lasts forever!) and nothing else has compared. If you find that even with concealer under your eyes you can still see some blue/grey shadows or you just want extra brightening in that area, this is your best friend. It’s so subtle yet so intense at the same time. It has light reflecting particles, without any glitter and really deflects the light under your eyes to stop any dark circles showing and help make you look so much more awake.
- Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel bronzer – I find cream bronzers are perfect for paler skin tones, they blend so well and the colour of this Chanel bronzer in particular is so nice for summer. It can be layered and built up or blended out for a natural glow.
- Mac mineralise skin finish powder in Dark Golden – I may be slightly contradicting my last point, but this powder is the ideal shade for a bronzer for fairer skin tones. It isn’t too warm so doesn’t look orange but it’s not to cool either. As it is meant as a powder, the formula is so smooth and blendable, there’s no chance of patchiness.
- Revlon Colorstay foundation for Normal/dry skin – It’s rare that I find a foundation that I’m not the fairest shade in but with this one, I’m not! They have a great range of shades and the formula doesn’t budge- most of the time I don’t set this with a powder as it doesn’t need it. Also it has SPF 20 which never goes a miss on fair skin.
- Mac nylon– An intense white highlighting eyeshadow. Whilst this is great for warmer skin tones too, it is a bright white so compliments fair skin perfectly as an inner corner highlight, a brow highlight or even on the very tops of cheek bones. It’s a great multi-purpose eyeshadow.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz- Not only is this just the best eyebrow pencil whatever your colouring, but the shades they do are more diverse than any other shades I’ve found. I use ‘caramel’ which is a warm brown tone. They have ashy shades as well as light browns, perfect for fairer brows. The fine tip means you can draw individual hair strokes for really natural looking brows.
I am all for a good fake tan. (Bondisands is my tan of choice, for anyone interested). Although when I occasionally embrace my natural fair skin tone, I find it a lot harder to find makeup for those days. Fair/pale skin often comes hand in hand with many joys such as fair eyebrows, thinner skin which shows dark circles and skin more prone to showing any scarring or redness. Making it all the more vital to find good makeup. Whilst these favourites would still be up there if I had darker skin, they just work especially well for fair skin tones.